Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 4: Katie


            
We have left Houston and we are now headed to San Antonio. It was nice drive on the highway full of trucks, ranches and cowboys. We made it to San Antonio after driving all around until we finally found the cheapest parking. We ate pb&j on the back of the car and then headed out to see the city. We started to head in the direction of the what we thought that was going towards the Alamo, but a few signs pointing towards some park caught David’s eye and we then found ourselves in probably the worse part of San Antonio, full of some sketchy people. We finally got out of their but only after being hit up for money three times, (we must have looked like tourists).
We stumbled upon the river walk, this was my favorite part of San Antonio it was absolutely beautiful walking down around the water, it was full of trees and pretty landscaping. I noticed that it seems like every tree in that city has stings of lights on them, I would love to see it at night.  We finally made it to the Alamo. I really learned a lot about the whole story around the Alamo, I really loved seeing where everything was in comparison to where it is today. I was surprised that the famous building “The Chapel” at the Alamo was not even the front of the Alamo it was in the back, plus I really love being in the long barrack which is the one of the oldest buildings in Texas.

The city of San Antonio is so pretty but so HOT I would not want to be there in mid-July but if you haven’t been you should go it is a lot of fun. We finally got back to the car after David leading us in the wrong direction (again), by not listening to me haha. We got on the road to go to our campground and there we sat for over an hour in traffic.  We finally made it and I think when we got to our camp ground we were both a little hesitant to enter. It was a little backwoods RV and campground where most of the people there are permanent residents and the “office” is an outside stand. We chose a spot by the river it was really nice until I heard David yell and do a little Dance where he was a few feet in the air and he yelled rattle snack. I couldn’t believe it our first night camping we have a snake and a storm was rolling in. So we called the office people and one of their residents with a thick accent and almost fu-Manchu style mustache killed it for us, death by Hoe style. We set up camp ate another pb&j and fought off the storm all night. I rediscovered my long lost fear of storms, something about being in a tent with bright lightening, loud thunder and the whole tent rocking back and forth from the wind can bring back a persons fear of storms. It also didn’t help that the tree we were beside was putting a shadow on the tent that looked like a man holding a machete, so I  had David sticking his head out of the tent to check every five minutes, haha. It was a long night that I thought would never end, 

No comments:

Post a Comment